About Dr Kumar-Beurg Cloud Health, Healthcare in Blackheath
Dr Kumar-Beurg is the founder of Cloud Health. He is a charismatic and dedicated practitioner with more than 25 years of experience as a doctor.
An optimised, humanised approach to healthcare.
His vision is to deliver an optimised, humanised approach to healthcare. He is committed to maintaining a small practice, to ensure quality time with his patients. This allows him to offer continuity of care and unpeel the factors which result in patients experiencing ongoing health issues. He is passionate about providing tailored consultations which foster a warm and caring environment.
“We’ve been wrong about what our job is in medicine. We think our job is to ensure health and survival. But really it is larger than that. It is to enable well-being. And well-being is about the reasons one wishes to be alive.”
– Dr Atul Gawande, Being Mortal (2014).
Dr Kumar-Beurg takes a broad view of health and wellbeing. He believes in the intersection of science and philosophy, and that an open-minded approach to healthcare is critical to delivering optimal outcomes. This means that if conventional tests have ruled out diseases as the cause of a patient’s symptoms, he frequently offers to undertake one of a range of investigations that fall into a few groups;
- Nutritional Investigations (eg Vitamin Profiles, Fatty Acid Profiles, Amino Acid Profiles and Essential & Toxic Minerals Profiles)
- Chronic Infection Investigations (eg Glandular Fever, Lymes Disease, Cytomegalovirus, Coxsackie and Herpes Family)
- Gut Biome Investigation and Endocrine Investigations (eg Pituitary – Adrenal – Gonadal and Pituitary-Thyroid axes).
20 Years of Experience
Dr Kumar-Beurg has a wide range of clinical experience, alongside extensive managerial and governance work. He has also spearheaded roles in the development of telehealth and digital services.
Highlights of his career include:
Working at St Bartholomews when it was one of 3 European cardiac centres
Running the ‘Practice Support Unit’ in Newham, a turn-around team that took responsibility for improving 7 practices in 5 years
Clinical Director of the ‘Whole Systems Demonstrator’ telehealth research team in Newham
Speaking at the EU Parliament in Brussels on data interoperability
The launch of the ‘3 Million Lives’ campaign at the Houses of Parliament
Speaking at the King’s Fund for the launch of the DALLAS telehealth accelerator competition and judging entries
Medical Director for all ‘Out of Hours’ services across Hampshire
Expedition Medical Officer for the Negros Rainforest Conservation Project, Philippines
All these experiences have left Dr Kumar-Beurg with the knowledge of what excellent clinical practice looks like, and how to deliver it reliably every time.
Memberships, Qualification, Education and Languages
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Medical Acupuncture Society
- Primary Care Dermatology Society
- Primary Care Diabetes Society
- Independent Doctors Federation
- Undergraduate – United Medical Schools of Guy’s & St Thomas, University of London
- Postgraduate – Tower Hamlets GP Vocational Training Scheme
- Currently Learning Spanish